Requesting an Exam Proctor
Centre County Library provides proctoring services at all three locations. Starting June 16, 2016 the library will charge $20 for for up to two hours and $10 for each additional hour. In addition, if the exam must be returned by mail or fax, the student is responsible for any shipping fees. Faxing is $1.00 per page for local numbers and $2.00 per page for long distance numbers. If there are any special services or computer programs required for the exam, please include this in the Comments section of the Proctor Request Form. Please note that the library cannot install software to accommodate test programs.
The Proctor Request Form asks for three test dates to avoid any scheduling delays. All times are during library hours, excluding weekends. Please fill out the form completely so that we can do our best to accommodate you and your test taking needs.
It is suggested that you read the Proctor Policy below and if taking an online test to visit the library to become acquainted with the library computer should you need one.
The library at all locations accepts cash, check, and credit card payments.
+ Click here to view/hide Proctoring Policy
The fees for proctoring an exam are:
$20.00 for the first two hours and $10.00 for each additional hour.
Copies are 20 cents per page.
Faxes are $1.00 per page for local numbers and $2.00 per page for long distance.
Scanning and emailing documents is free.
The Test Taker will:
- Be responsible for completing the institution’s proctoring agreement, obtaining necessary signatures, filling out the Proctor Request Form, and arranging for the exam to be delivered to the library.
- Provide notice of one week in advance of scheduled exam date.
- Allow sufficient time for exam to be returned to the institution (e.g. 7-10 business days U.S. mail delivery). The test taker must also provide the mailing supplies and postage. The test taker must provide the Fedex or UPS envelope and fees if he/she wishes to expedite the shipping time.
- Any copies (20 cents per page) or faxes ($1.00 for local numbers or $2.00 for long distance) is to be paid by the test taker.
- Notify us, in the Notes section, of any special requirements for the test.
The Library will:
- Provide proctoring service during regularly scheduled hours.
- Provide a location for test taking so the person is not disturbed.
- Make every effort to enforce the rules set forth by the institution involving test aids. This may include, but is not limited to prohibition of calculators, cell phones, text books, laptops, and other aids during the exam.
- Enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam.
- Send the completed examination back to the institution via regular U.S. mail, e-mail, or complete the online proctoring via instructions from the institution.
The Library Cannot:
- Install software on its computers to accommodate test programs.
- Be responsible if, while taking an online exam, public internet access is disrupted or there is a power outage. As soon as possible after such an occurrence, the proctor will inform the institution of the problem.
- Be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed or emailed back to the institution.